Is there a business that you just keep thinking about starting? Do you have an idea that you feel needs to be out there? Well Lovely – GO FOR IT!
We are here to encourage you to live your dreams. You’ll never be able to answer those questions that you keep wondering about if you don’t just put one foot in front of the other and step out on faith.
– And you don’t have to overwhelm yourself with your passion becoming your primary income. Start off doing whatever it is just for fun. A hobby. Then as you learn more about your industry you can think about making it a side hustle. If it works out from there, go for gold and invest in creating a full time business. There are many ways to live out your dreams.
There are hundreds of articles out there suggesting how to advance in life. Which are great for gathering information, but if or when you are ready to take on that career of your dreams, find a mentor who already has your dream job.
6 Tips For Finding A Mentor
1. Know your “SMART goals”;SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. This includes looking at both your short and long term goals.
2. Ask yourself if you are ready to be mentored. You don’t want to waste their time, or yours.
3. Research and study the person who you want to be like or learn from. Go onto their company website and see if they have a profile there, search for them on LinkedIn, and review their social media accounts.
4. Schedule an appointment with the person. This isn’t the movies or a TV show therefore don’t just show up at their favorite coffee shop or randomly approach them walking down the street. Email them or call first. – Side-note: Sending an email is taken more seriously than DMing a person through social media.
5. Write out an elevator pitch of what you will say to initiate the request for them to work with you (aka mentor you). An effective elevator pitch addresses specific interests and last about 20 – 60 seconds. This is what you will say to make your first impression once you are in front of the person.
6. Dedicate yourself to learning and enjoy the new relationship that will benefit and change your life.
Sincerely, Kadesh Carter Goddess Collective Las Vegas GoddessCollectiveLV@Gmail.com
“A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself.” — Oprah Winfrey